Writer's Craft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Writer's Craft

Southwood's EWC4UI Writer's Craft Course 2010

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ordinary day walking to school.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
becca
Newly Discovered

Ordinary day walking to school.  Empty
PostSubject: Ordinary day walking to school.    Ordinary day walking to school.  EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 7:55 pm

I awoke from the song highway to hell blasting from my alarm clock radio, which was an indication to get my ass out of bed for school. As I wiped the sleep from my eyes, I managed to pull myself out of bed and hit the off button. I jumped in the shower to only notice there was no hot water left. Just a perfect start to my morning, I thought. I turned off the shower and pulled across the curtain in rages as I got out. Throwing my clothes on for school I shuffled through my drawers trying to find a pair of my contacts, which apparently I was out of. Now that I was as blind as a bat, I made my way downstairs to grab some breakfast. “Of course, no bread. Great, just great.” I mumbled. I decided I might as well leave early for school before something else went wrong.
I took my time walking to school, kicking the leaves beneath my feet while I was walking. I heard a faint noise calling out to someone, but paid no attention to it. I heard it again as I walked further down the street.
A soft-spoken voice calling out, “hey you come here.”
I turned my head over to look across the street towards the forest but could not see a thing, due to the lack of contacts. I decided my morning could not get any worse so I followed the quiet voice. I made my way into the forest but did not see anyone.
I heard a giggle from underneath me and looked down. I couldn’t believe my eyes, it seemed to be some fairy like creature below me.
“Ok, now I have really lost my mind.” I said out loud without realizing.
The fairy typed creature giggled once more. In her soft spoken voice said,” we need your help.”
I rubbed my eyes, “what? Who? Why?” Before I could finish my line of questions she cut me off.
“I am the leader of the forest fairies. We need your help. The gremlins of the swamps are trying to take over our forest. They want to turn our forest into an evil empire destroying the homes of the creatures that live in these woods. We need your help to save our land. Will you please help us?” She asked frantically.
“Ok, ok, I will help you.” I said.
I don’t know what possessed me to say yes, but there was something about the innocent look of a fairy that compelled me to do so. I was still flabbergasted on the idea that there was a fairy standing right in front of me.
“Follow me.” She said.
As I followed her we walked up to a whole gathering of fairies.
The fairies all turned in amazement at me and cheered.
“We don’t have much time.” One of the fairies said.
The fairies explained to me how the only way to defeat the gremlins was to zap them with magical fairy dust. The only reason the fairies need me was for bait they explained. “The gremlins feed off humans. As soon as they smell the scent of you, they will be running at you in no time one by one.”
“No. No. No. There is no way I am going to be eaten by a bunch of gremlins. No.” I demanded.
“You wont be eaten by them.” One of they fairies said.
“As soon as they come at you, we will be above you in the trees ready to zap them.” The leader fairy explained.
Looking into the fairy’s delicate eyes, I had to say yes. It was like they had put a spell on me to agree with them.
I stood in the middle of the forest, fearing for my life. I heard which seemed to be the sounds a herd of pigs coming my way. It was the gremlins. I saw a green blurry blob running at me, at this time I was glad I didn’t have my contacts in. More and more of them were coming at me, and then they started to vanish into dust. I closed my eyes and then after a few moments heard nothing. As I opened them I heard quiet cheers of the forest fairies.
“Yay, we did it!” The fairies cheered.
“Thank you so much for helping us, without you we could not of done it.” The leader fairy of the forest praised me.
The fairies all gathered around me cheering in victory.
I glanced down at my watch and noticed it was 8:15am. I shared a few moments with the fairies than ran off to school, hoping I was not going to be late.
Back to top Go down
GoldScarb
Veteran Writer
Veteran Writer
GoldScarb

PostSubject: Not bad, but...   Ordinary day walking to school.  EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 10:10 pm

It's not a bad prompt, but you might want to edit it. If you want i dcan help edit your stories?
Back to top Go down
becca
Newly Discovered

PostSubject: Re: Ordinary day walking to school.    Ordinary day walking to school.  EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 11:28 am

Thanks, yeah i would love help on editing my stories! Not one of my strongest areas.
Back to top Go down
Ocean Seven
S3 Studios Founder
S3 Studios Founder
Ocean Seven

PostSubject: Re: Ordinary day walking to school.    Ordinary day walking to school.  EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 11:49 am

Indeed. You always think everything is right no matter what everyone else says. xD

One good start to help the editing process is to space out paragraphs. That at least makes it look less cluttered, and allows an editor to concentrate on one block of information at a time.

I'm totally not being a hipocrite. Nope. No Way. (Actually, it's jus tthat I have gigantic paragraphs so the whole point of spacing out paragraphs is essentially pointless cuz there's no difference. XD)
Back to top Go down
http://www.project-n25.deviantart.com
kw1234
Newly Discovered

PostSubject: Re: Ordinary day walking to school.    Ordinary day walking to school.  EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 11:51 am

hahahah this actually happened to me once.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ordinary day walking to school.    Ordinary day walking to school.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Ordinary day walking to school.
Page 1 of 1