Writer's Craft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Writer's Craft

Southwood's EWC4UI Writer's Craft Course 2010

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Ordinary Morning

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GoldScarb
Veteran Writer
Veteran Writer
GoldScarb

My Ordinary Morning Empty
PostSubject: My Ordinary Morning   My Ordinary Morning EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:35 am

On October 21, 2010 I woke up at 6:10 in the morning. I had stayed up late the night before watching episodes of cartoons online. After a few moments of lying down, I was able to force myself to go and take a shower. I nearly fell asleep in the shower, before my mom forced me out telling me that, “Other people need to use the washroom as well as you, so hurry up and get out of the shower”. Getting out of the shower I got dressed and I moved to the microwave to prepare my lunch for today. Opening a can of spaghetti and meatballs, I popped it in a bowl and placed it in the microwave for 2 minutes. When my lunch was ‘cooked’ I placed it in a thermos and, once I put the thermos in my lunch bag, I chucked it into my backpack.

I moved to set up my breakfast, a large bowl of Rice Krispies, and I moved to sit at my computer. After surfing the internet and finishing off my breakfast, I grabbed my backpack. I was about to place my bowl and spoon in the sink when the wall of my house bulged and exploded. Lifting my head above the counter where I took cover, I nearly screamed at what I saw. Standing there growling, flames leaking from its mouth, was a dragon the size of tank. With scales a mix of dark jade and hellfire red, gleaming in the morning sun. Add to the colours, vicious talons that could have shredded animals in half and teeth the size of short swords; you had a beast worth fearing.

Giving a roar that shook what remained of the house, the dragon started to stare me down. Slowly I reached down, grabbing a piece of rubble; I threw it at the dragons head. This did exactly what I thought it would; piss it off even further than it already was. Rearing back on its hind legs it puffed up its chest and let loose a river of fire. Quickly grabbing an object to cover myself with; I tried to block the flames. When I felt the heat, but not the actual fire, I realized what had happened. I was protecting myself from the flames by the cereal bowl. Looking down, I grabbed the spoon that had fallen. Glancing at the spoon in my hands to the dragon, I paused and did the second stupidest thing in my life.

Screaming like a wounded hedgehog, I charged a fire-breathing dragon.

With a spoon.

And a cereal bowl.
Back to top Go down
Phemonix
Veteran Writer
Veteran Writer
Phemonix

PostSubject: Rawr   My Ordinary Morning EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 9:32 am

Very, Very, EPICCCCCCCCCCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
becca
Newly Discovered

PostSubject: Re: My Ordinary Morning   My Ordinary Morning EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 10:57 am

Haha, i found your ordinary morning to be quite funny, especially how you tried to fight off the dragon.
Back to top Go down
moni.s
Experenced Writer
Experenced Writer
moni.s

PostSubject: Re: My Ordinary Morning   My Ordinary Morning EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 9:19 am

haha, nice. Smile I like how you descibed the dragon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.moni-cellardoor.tumblr.com
GoldScarb
Veteran Writer
Veteran Writer
GoldScarb

PostSubject: Re: Re: My Ordinary Morning   My Ordinary Morning EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 9:10 am

Thanks, i wanted to keep the dragon's description detailed but brief. To allow the reader to imagine the finer details.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Ordinary Morning   My Ordinary Morning Empty

Back to top Go down

My Ordinary Morning
Page 1 of 1