Writer's Craft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Writer's Craft

Southwood's EWC4UI Writer's Craft Course 2010

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Corporate Mind Games Article

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Natoxi
Experenced Writer
Experenced Writer
Natoxi

Corporate Mind Games Article Empty
PostSubject: Corporate Mind Games Article   Corporate Mind Games Article EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 11:59 am

I must say, I was quite disturbed by the article after Layfield read it to us. I was really unsure what to make of it. Once I gave it a good week of thinking I think I finally formed an opinion:

I honestly want to see the formula they use to predict the future and determine whether or not people will be reliable employees. What happened to the ideas where a man could not, under any circumstances, be summed in one word, one setence, one entire paragraph? Is this a sign that we've become so predictable? I'd like to think my mind is my own and I'm in control of being who I want to be.

I remember when, back in grade school, we were constantly told to be an individual and being unpredictable. Was that all just a cover up for things like this or maybe have we messed up in being unpredictable that we've become predictable? I know, a paradox but my mind is on a slant. Leave me be XD So much for being a good student and following instructions. X/

I'm also starting to think that originality and individualism is being shoved out of us. We are no longer meant to be individuals but a unit. A unit of predictable, dull people. We are born and raised to be workers, we have no other purpose than that. That's why a formula like this is becoming so dominant now.

The way this article was written proved to be a good scare tactic though. It might change many who read this to reform into a better personality. It might change them onto a path of 'good' person if they want to continue putting bread on the table for little Lucy and Steven.

That's just a thought though. X3 Don't take it to heart kittens.
Back to top Go down
http://iechno.deviantart.com/
Illien
Newly Discovered
Illien

PostSubject: Re: Corporate Mind Games Article   Corporate Mind Games Article EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 8:58 pm

I have to disagree with some of what you seem to be saying. To me you seem to be implying that just because you are an individual and unique you can't be predictable. People have original and individual patterns and with enough information you could generate a decent guess of how a person will act and react in a given situation. I believe that people like routine to varying degrees.

I think the problem is not whether someone can predict how you might react. The issue is should an employer be able to fire you based on probability?

I will pose one simple question if a teacher gave you permission to change seats every day would you? I think people can be unpredictable but in general I don't think people try that hard be unpredictable.

Essentially while you may be in control of who you are and have the ability to change. Most of the time i don't think you would try to change.

But this is just my view.
Back to top Go down
Natoxi
Experenced Writer
Experenced Writer
Natoxi

PostSubject: Re: Corporate Mind Games Article   Corporate Mind Games Article EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 11:41 pm

I kind of see where you're coming from. My opinion seems to have changed based on wha I said earlier once I gave it another thought. I don't think I've accurately laid out what I've wanted to say.

I think that this is more or less a scare tactic to be better as a worker. We already do it to some extent but based on what an employer can do, by predicting how good of an employee we will be and if we'll stay, etc. will force us to even further mold our personality to be the ideal worker. We want to present ourselves in a fashion that makes it seem we are loyal to the employer so we can keep providing for our families.

That in itself is what I find to be predictable and unifying us.

I doubt I've gotten my point across even now but bleck x3x

And if the teacher gave me permission to switch seats every day I think I'd be too afraid to move XD So I can agree with you there that being unique can be predictable. However, some of us are constantly striving to be unpredictable because we can't stand the thought of being predictable. I guess those people are the risk takers of society, the made or broken amongst us.
Back to top Go down
http://iechno.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corporate Mind Games Article   Corporate Mind Games Article Empty

Back to top Go down

Corporate Mind Games Article
Page 1 of 1