Writer's Craft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Writer's Craft

Southwood's EWC4UI Writer's Craft Course 2010

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Different Side to RP

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Phemonix
Veteran Writer
Veteran Writer
Phemonix

Different Side to RP Empty
PostSubject: Different Side to RP   Different Side to RP EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 4:00 pm

As most people assume RP is based solely upon characters and their actions, I would like to post this as an alternative.

David and I and attempting to write a short story/novel (depending on how much we are enjoying it) under the Short Story's section of the blog. While our awesomeness is unmatched, we also appreciate the thoughts that other people might have. Therefore, I am posting this to say that, as it may not be RP as much as a development system, we could use the RP section to involve others in the creative process, including the character interactions between each other.

This is the link to said story.

https://writerscraft.forumotion.com/short-stories-f3/the-fall-of-dalranus-t70.htm

If anyone has any thoughts or ideas, let me know, I would love to have the input of the class on this.
Back to top Go down
Ocean Seven
S3 Studios Founder
S3 Studios Founder
Ocean Seven

PostSubject: Re: Different Side to RP   Different Side to RP EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 11:06 am

This relates to what I said in the poll post (although I worded it badly I think).

I've used RP's to help build stories, although most of said stories are long gone, haven died away after several years or were dumped. (I used to hang on to every detail, and was a hell of a lot more confusing when I was eleven. I would go with the lamest of ideas as long as I could. All that changed in the Holy Purges of 2006. XD) One example of a story that I used an RP to build was by my partner-in-crime er, fellow writer, ShadowPanzer, called Streets of Wien, based in World War II. I purged the content but left the plot and starting characters mostly intact, because I liked the idea (we got to ofar into Nazi Sci-Fi with it. It started to look like bloody Wolfenstein, only in Russia.) and it is an excellent example of how you can write a story with an RP.

The best way to state this: you have your ideas on how your theme would go, but others may have other ideas, and they may be ones you've overlooked or aren't strong in. Writing a story with an RP allows you to take in other's ideas alongside your own, and if its a fantasy or warfare story, you can really get perfect character sections because you're not trying to assume all the character's guises yourself- others who know that character's personality better are.

Anyways, rant aside, if I find time between random block and writing my own multitude of stories (running total is over fifty-five as of like last week) I'll see if I can help with ya.
Back to top Go down
http://www.project-n25.deviantart.com
GoldScarb
Veteran Writer
Veteran Writer
GoldScarb

PostSubject: Re: Different Side to RP   Different Side to RP EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 9:31 am

I wouldn't mind helping with the story, either with writing it or bouncing ideas off of. If you would like my help let me know.
Back to top Go down
Natoxi
Experenced Writer
Experenced Writer
Natoxi

PostSubject: Re: Different Side to RP   Different Side to RP EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 11:36 am

I'm down with helping with the story. I doubt I'll be much help since my brain is a little off but suresies o3o; Could use more on my plate of many things to do XD
Back to top Go down
http://iechno.deviantart.com/
Phemonix
Veteran Writer
Veteran Writer
Phemonix

PostSubject: Rawr   Different Side to RP EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 11:40 am

David has some more info, and we plan on sitting down and writing some time, so maybe once we get going and post some more we can start asking for assistance.
Back to top Go down
Natoxi
Experenced Writer
Experenced Writer
Natoxi

PostSubject: Re: Different Side to RP   Different Side to RP EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 11:40 am

Yay I can't wait to see then X3
Back to top Go down
http://iechno.deviantart.com/
GoldScarb
Veteran Writer
Veteran Writer
GoldScarb

PostSubject: Re: Different Side to RP   Different Side to RP EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 12:26 pm

Is it going to be a more "quest and exploration" kind of story, or is it going to be a "quest and battle" story?
Back to top Go down
Phemonix
Veteran Writer
Veteran Writer
Phemonix

PostSubject: Rawr   Different Side to RP EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 5:14 pm

We were hoping to make it more Professional Fantasy; as in what you might be reading now. So more story, fight, story, fight, more fighting, more story, sequel. That sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
GoldScarb
Veteran Writer
Veteran Writer
GoldScarb

PostSubject: Re: Different Side to RP   Different Side to RP EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 9:00 am

That sounds cool, i really want to help now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Different Side to RP   Different Side to RP Empty

Back to top Go down

Different Side to RP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Writer's Craft :: Roleplaying :: RP Character Sect.-
Jump to: