Writer's Craft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Writer's Craft

Southwood's EWC4UI Writer's Craft Course 2010

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Falling Action

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ocean Seven
S3 Studios Founder
S3 Studios Founder
Ocean Seven

Falling Action Empty
PostSubject: Falling Action   Falling Action EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 12:23 pm

Falling Action for Sci-Fi Story

-Ace rescues Telmissa, but learns after he arrives at the drop point that Squigglar never sent his laundry out, and that he’s just wasted most of his time, and that he can get his pay from Telmissa, because he didn’t complete his main task, thus no bonus is possible from Squigglar.

-Ace tries to get money from Telmissa, but declines her modest sum and quotes something outrageous. Telmissa tries several times to go through with the modest sum, even doubling it, but Ace is delusional about his position as a hero to agree.

-Telmissa calls for Rocket Rhino, but he doesn’t come because he’s still locked in a Crab Battle with Archie. Telmissa, thoroughly pissed off, prepares to march over to the battle scene and unleash the Amazing Art of the Furiously Fantastical Furious Fury of the Princess of the Church of the Fantastical Dance of the Prancing Mistrel, but then Ace says he has a new reward price. When Ace quotes something barely lower, Telmissa instead goes bezerk on him, and converts the energy into a lengthy, nonsensical rant. (This will probably be ad-libbed. No way in hell I can make a funny, appropriate, related yet nonsensical rant in three days. Plus it lets the Drama students give us a little surprise.)

-Ace, completely floored over the whole thing, sulks out of the room, back to his ship, looks at the Café Moca Frappachino machine, which fails to lighten his mood. Tx-88 tried halfheartedly, still drunk, to cheer him up, while Mac comments on how this is an improvement. Tx-88 gives it once last push and starts throwing rainbow sprinkles at Ace, to no avail. Ace meanders into his room, gloomy, while Tx-88 mutters “You know, I thought that the day Ace shut up was going to be a glorious day. Stupid humans, taking the fun out of making Probability printouts by butting in with their stupid free will.”

Still don't know how I could tie in what the Ending had in mind earlier, but o3o they could probably find a way. Would give them something to do other then just wrap-up.

I was going to have Mac grin a little when Ace came in gloomy, but nah. Save that for the ending when he starts Prancing to Ievan Polkka. XD (Oh hey apparent IP is Finnish. Weird.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.project-n25.deviantart.com
Ocean Seven
S3 Studios Founder
S3 Studios Founder
Ocean Seven

Falling Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: Falling Action   Falling Action EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 9:44 pm

Scene One: [Opens with Ace in the inner chambers of the castle (or whereever Telmissa is, I'm lost xD)]

Ace: Well, we're here!

[Notices none of the others have followed him]

Ace: Oh. Ah well, their loss. [Shrugs][Calling] Yo! What's-your-face! Come on out, I just kicked some Dutch butt!

Telmissa: [Slightly Muffled] I'm...urgh...stuck in this...net...

Ace: [Rounds Corner] What the heck? [Bug-eyed] Ahahahahahaha! [Falls on floor, laughing; clutch gut]

Telmissa: [Embarassed] Just help me would you. Urgh...

Ace: [Still giggling] Oh sure, let me just gobble you up. [Moves to eat the net]

Telmissa: [Screams] WHAT IN THE NAME OF THE FANTASTICAL PRANCING MINSTREL ARE YOU DOING?!

Ace: [Floored by volume] Ow, you don't need to yell, woman. What does it look like I'm doing?

Telmissa: [Deeply Offended] Tying to eat that.

Ace: Bravo. But the keyword is trying. Now stop struggling and-

Telmissa: [Lets loose another scream]

Ace: Ow! Bugger off! What's your problem?!

Telmissa: [Extremly pissed off] You're trying to eat that!

Ace: Your point?

Telmissa: [Looks at Ace as if he's stupid] Well, you can't just eat that! That's Al Dente! Where do you live, an asteroid?

Ace: [Offended] What? You mean to suggest that, I, Ace Morningstar, Hero of the Galaxy, not only cannot eat some stupidly-named pasta, but live on an asteroid?

Telmissa: [Rolls eyes] That's about it, smartypants.

Ace: Fine, good day to you. [Motions to leave.]

Ace remaind half-turned.

Ace: Well? You going to beg me to come back?

Telmissa: You haven't even left.

Ace: Oh for crying out loud. [Leaves, but remains by doorway] How about now?

Telmissa: Nope.

Ace: Stubborn witch. [Walks back in.]

Telmissa: Well, considering that you just walked back in here, of course I don't have to beg you for anything. Now get me out of here.

Ace: Fork over the cash.

Telmissa: [Blindsided] What?!

Ace: [As if Telmissa is brain-dead] I said, fork over the cash, you deaf or something?

Telmissa: [Offended] So let me get this straight, you walk in here, lie to my face, insult me, try to eat Al Dente Pasta, have your plan backfire on you, and demand to get paid?

Ace: [Ignoring the problem] Just fork over the cash, I have to go pick up some cross-dresser's laundry and I don't have time to fart around with you.

Telmissa: [Has an idea.] Fine, but it's in my safe, and I need to be free to get it.

Ace: [Totally doesn't see what she's doing.] Alright. [Frees her]

Telmissa: [Tenderly brushes off dried Al Dente flakes] Thanks. Now get the heck out of my room.

Ace: [Blindsided] What? Give me my money witch!

Telmissa: No. [Flat face, leaning to one side, totally chilaxed]

Ace: [Almost in tears] B-b-but...

Telmissa: I said out.

Ace: Alright fine. Just don't expect to get helped by me ever again.

Telmissa: [Scoffs] Oh no, what ever will I do?

Ace: [Telmissa's taunt strikes him where it hurts; Ace sulks out on the verge of tears]

-----------
I'll leave the rest for Dixon, although I'm thinking of a few little parts. Namely, the fact that Squigglar asks if Ace told anyone, and Ace spills the beans. So not only does Ace not get anything from Telmissa or Squigglar, but he looses money!

As you can see I've sorta reworked some parts. Deleted the bartering scene in favour of totally shooting Ace down even further. because all Ace really is is a wuss, and this alternate scene shows just how helpless he is- he doesn't even get much of a chance to act full of himself.
Back to top Go down
Ocean Seven
S3 Studios Founder
S3 Studios Founder
Ocean Seven

Falling Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: Falling Action   Falling Action EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 9:46 pm

Also, I have an idea for music playing in Telmissa's room. Sounds powerful- which Telmissa probably is, no matter how hard we show her off as a nobody.

The song is the Marine Nationale BG music from NavyFIELD: Ressurection of the Steel Fleet. I'll try to find it on YouTube sometime, otherwise I can always bring it to class. (lol silly SDE EnterNET left all their BGM files unprotected! Wink)
Back to top Go down
dixon
Newly Discovered

Falling Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: Falling Action   Falling Action EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 12:19 am

Ocean Seven wrote:
Scene One: [Opens with Ace in the inner chambers of the castle (or whereever Telmissa is, I'm lost xD)]

Ace: Well, we're here!

[Notices none of the others have followed him]

Ace: Oh. Ah well, their loss. [Shrugs][Calling] Yo! What's-your-face! Come on out, I just kicked some Dutch butt!

Telmissa: [Slightly Muffled] I'm...urgh...stuck in this...net...

Ace: [Rounds Corner] What the heck? [Bug-eyed] Ahahahahahaha! [Falls on floor, laughing; clutch gut]

Telmissa: [Embarassed] Just help me would you. Urgh...

Ace: [Still giggling] Oh sure, let me just gobble you up. [Moves to eat the net]

Telmissa: [Screams] WHAT IN THE NAME OF THE FANTASTICAL PRANCING MINSTREL ARE YOU DOING?!

Ace: [Floored by volume] Ow, you don't need to yell, woman. What does it look like I'm doing?

Telmissa: [Deeply Offended] Tying to eat that.

Ace: Bravo. But the keyword is trying. Now stop struggling and-

Telmissa: [Lets loose another scream]

Ace: Ow! Bugger off! What's your problem?!

Telmissa: [Extremly pissed off] You're trying to eat that!

Ace: Your point?

Telmissa: [Looks at Ace as if he's stupid] Well, you can't just eat that! That's Al Dente! Where do you live, an asteroid?

Ace: [Offended] What? You mean to suggest that, I, Ace Morningstar, Hero of the Galaxy, not only cannot eat some stupidly-named pasta, but live on an asteroid?

Telmissa: [Rolls eyes] That's about it, smartypants.

Ace: Fine, good day to you. [Motions to leave.]

Ace remaind half-turned.

Ace: Well? You going to beg me to come back?

Telmissa: You haven't even left.

Ace: Oh for crying out loud. [Leaves, but remains by doorway] How about now?

Telmissa: Nope.

Ace: Stubborn witch. [Walks back in.]

Telmissa: Well, considering that you just walked back in here, of course I don't have to beg you for anything. Now get me out of here.

Ace: Fork over the cash.

Telmissa: [Blindsided] What?!

Ace: [As if Telmissa is brain-dead] I said, fork over the cash, you deaf or something?

Telmissa: [Offended] So let me get this straight, you walk in here, lie to my face, insult me, try to eat Al Dente Pasta, have your plan backfire on you, and demand to get paid?

Ace: [Ignoring the problem] Just fork over the cash, I have to go pick up some cross-dresser's laundry and I don't have time to fart around with you.

Telmissa: [Has an idea.] Fine, but it's in my safe, and I need to be free to get it.

Ace: [Totally doesn't see what she's doing.] Alright. [Frees her]

Telmissa: [Tenderly brushes off dried Al Dente flakes] Thanks. Now get the heck out of my room.

Ace: [Blindsided] What? Give me my money witch!

Telmissa: No. [Flat face, leaning to one side, totally chilaxed]

Ace: [Almost in tears] B-b-but...

Telmissa: I said out.

Ace: Alright fine. Just don't expect to get helped by me ever again.

Telmissa: [Scoffs] Oh no, what ever will I do?

Ace: [Telmissa's taunt strikes him where it hurts; Ace sulks out on the verge of tears]

-----------
I'll leave the rest for Dixon, although I'm thinking of a few little parts. Namely, the fact that Squigglar asks if Ace told anyone, and Ace spills the beans. So not only does Ace not get anything from Telmissa or Squigglar, but he looses money!

As you can see I've sorta reworked some parts. Deleted the bartering scene in favour of totally shooting Ace down even further. because all Ace really is is a wuss, and this alternate scene shows just how helpless he is- he doesn't even get much of a chance to act full of himself.
Back to top Go down
dixon
Newly Discovered

Falling Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: Falling Action   Falling Action EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 12:21 am

The scene opens on Mac walking into a bathroom, and being captured by two, hooded men. The scene is transported to a dark room, Mac standing in the middle, surrounded by a ring of hooded men. Macs mask is removed.

1st Hooded Man: Mac, we brought you hear today, because it is time you knew your true identity.

2nd Hooded Man: Would you like to know your true identity Mac?

Mac: Uh, yeah.

3rd Hooded Man: You, are the chosen one.

4th Hooded Man: You, are the prancing minstrel, Mac.

1st Hooded Man: You, were born to solve the problems of the universe, using your superior dance moves.

3rd Hooded Man: The fate of the universe lies in your hands Mac.

1st Hooded Man: Explain to us how you feel?

Mac: Alright.

4th Hooded Man: Aren’t you overwhelmed?

Mac: Uh, No.

2nd Hooded Man: Aren’t you in shock from this bombshell we just dropped on you?

Mac: No.

1st Hooded Man: Aren’t you surprised in any way?

Mac: Uh, yeah.

3rd Hooded man: So, do you accept the responsibility of the universe Mac?

Mac: Uh, yeah, why not, sure.

1st Hooded Man: Didn’t you ever wonder why you were always so unusually good at dance, and dance choreography.

Mac: Huh, I guess I never really noticed. I’ve never danced before in my life.

4th Hooded man: (Astounded) What?

Enter Richard Simons

Richard Simons: Everybody’s gotta dance.

Exeunt Richard Simons

2nd Hooded Man: Well, why don’t you give it a try then Mac.

Enter Emmitt Smith
Emmitt Smith: Yeah Mac, let’s see what you’ve got.

Mac: Okay, I guess I could give it a try. But don’t expect much. I’m probably not that good.

All the characters in the play come on stage and dance in sync to rap music. Mac will be leading and dancing the best. Emmitt Smith will also be dancing. The damcing goes on for roughly six minuets, at which point the song ends, and the characters leave the stage.

Scene opens on Ace, Lord Squigglar, and Rocket Rhino drinking in Aces kitchen. They are in the middle of a conversation.

Ace: …And then the bitch says, get out of my room, and I was like, whatever man, you’re a fat witch anyway, and then she totally cried.

Lord Squigglar: Yeah whatever ace, shut up. Hey, there’s something that’s been bothering me.

Ace: Hey, I have important, interesting things to say, you should really pay attention. Who knows, maybe you’ll learn something.

Lord Squigglar: Whatever, just tell me you didn’t tell anybody.

Ace: Tell anybody what?

Lord Squigglar: What are you… dumb?

Ace: Oh, that. Well, about that… (Rubs His Neck)

Lord Squigglar: (With Rage) What about it?

Ace: I spilled the beans Squigs. Sorry. (Takes Another Drink)

Lord Squigglar: Damn it! Now you get nothing, don’t you see?

Ace: Damn.

Rocket Rhino: -

Lord Swuigglar: Alright, I’m Off to conquer the universe. Later.

Ace: Later.

Exeunt Lord Squigglar. The entire cast comes on stage, lead by Mac, and Emmitt Smith. There is another six minuets or so of dance choreography to rap music. When the dance is over, the scene ends.

Dixon Shea
Back to top Go down
Ocean Seven
S3 Studios Founder
S3 Studios Founder
Ocean Seven

Falling Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: Falling Action   Falling Action EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 12:52 pm

I think we could make a 'deleted scene' with my awesomely long alleration move that I intended Telmissa to use. it would be worth a few shiggles.

We sould really fix what Dixon wrote. The dance number isn't until the end, and Rocket Rhino can't possibly be there because he's locked in a CRAB BATTLE with Archie. (We can still have Rhino in there if we can find a way to have him there AND have the CRAB BATTLE going on in the background to confuse the hell out of everyone)

Also the dancing isn't to rap music. It's to Ievan Polkka by Hatsune Miku. (You really shoulda' read mah damn post foo! xD)

Also need to change the language in the second scene there. We can be informal in OUR class, but probably not THEIR class. xD Just a heads-up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Falling Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: Falling Action   Falling Action Empty

Back to top Go down

Falling Action
Page 1 of 1