Writer's Craft

Southwood's EWC4UI Writer's Craft Course 2010

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Character Brief

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GoldScarb
Veteran Writer
Veteran Writer

PostSubject: Character Brief   Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:23 pm

Geoff hated the morning after a night of drinking. Every time he said he was going to have one drink he ended up having more, until he blacked out. The pounding on his head from a headache, it felt like someone put a woodpecker on his brain. Then there was the fact that he felt like he had shoved a bag of cotton balls in his. Of course he blamed it all on Mike, who no matter what he drank never seemed to wake up with a hangover. To make matters worse he was, Geoff shuddered at this, a morning person. He wasn’t a person who had no trouble waking up in the morning; he was cheery – perky even.

With a sigh and a groan, Geoff forced himself up to get some water. Stumbling off his bed, and cursing the open drapes, crossed to the bathroom. Drinking as much water as he could, he looked in the mirror and winced at the reflection. The beginning of a full beard was present on his face, accompanying a horrifyingly pair of bloodshot eyes. The veins in his eyes were like cracks attached to brown eyes, he absently noted, as if the blood in his head was trying to force its way out from any orifice possible. Even the bathroom seemed to reflect his mood. Dirty white tiles accompanied by fading paint on blue walls, cracks in both the floor and wall. A small shower stall that you could barely stand in, an old toilet and a small sink with a piece of soap.

With a few glasses of water in him followed by aspirin, he attempted to brush his teeth. The moment the taste of his toothpaste hit him, he nearly retched. He quickly moved to the toilet to prevent himself from making a larger mess of his bathroom. Finally spent he cleaned his teeth and took a shower hoping that it would cool him off at least a little bit. It helped a little bit, helping him cool his head.

He move his way to the kitchen and brought out a skillet and an egg. He glanced at the clock on the stove, and groaned as it read 11:30 am. Mike would be over soon, he always came over at 12:00, baring any orders for his business. He was a painter and sculpture, though he would argue that he was a bringer of culture to the world. He was in his own words, fairly successful.

At 12:00 the knocking on the door began, but to Geoff it sounded like someone was taking a sledgehammer to his door. Getting up and heading to the peephole, looked out and – with a sigh – opened the door. The first thing that greeted him was bright red, wiry hair. The second thing that greeted him was the loud voice.

“It’s about time you woke up. I was beginning to think you were dead!” Mike said with a laugh and a wink. He quickly pushed himself in and started to make coffee.

Geoff grimaced as he looked at Mike; the man looked like Ronald McDonald. Wearing a yellow shirt and a pair of white pants with red shoes; he was far to bright for Mike’s liking. Add to the clothes his red hair and pale skin and you had an almost uncanny resemblance. Mike and Geoff had been friends for years. It didn’t mean Geoff wouldn’t take a shot at Mike’s wardrobe though.

“You still can’t dress your self can you?” was all Geoff said as Mike sat down with some instant coffee.

“What do you mean?” questioned a cheery voice.

“You look like Ronald McDonald.”

Mike blinked, looked at himself and blinked. He then started to laugh, in a booming voice, which made Geoff cover his ears with a wince. Mike noticed this and stopped laughing.

“Sorry, you still hung-over?” his voice was quiet and serious, no trace of laughter, or judgement in his voice. He was answered by a sigh and a nod. Mike shook his head and moved to sit on the stove, avoiding the red element. He seemed to hesitate before deciding something. “What do you remember from last night?”

“Nothing, why?” came a curious voice. Geoff stiffened at Mike’s wince and started to worry. “What did we do Mike? You would tell me if I did something bad right?”

“If I tell you, you have to promise not to get angry.” Mike’s voice was soft and hesitant, as if this was the last thing he had ever wanted to do.

“Angry at you?” Geoff was really starting to worry now.

“Angry at yourself.” Mike stated, looking Geoff in the eye. With a blink, Geoff sat down on a chair and started to breathe deeply. With a nod, Mike sighed and began his story. At the sound of that resigned sigh, Geoff really began to hate waking up with a hangover.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phemonix
Veteran Writer
Veteran Writer

PostSubject: Reply   Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:02 am

Nice. Very nice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ocean Seven
S3 Studios Founder
S3 Studios Founder

PostSubject: Re: Character Brief   Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:28 am

Moved to new Character information section.
----------------

I like. Very Happy

DeviantART: www.project-n25.deviantart.com
www.Lt-Sandstorm.deviantart.com wrote:
Gentlemen! You can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

"I am Forgotten. I am a Defender of Humanity. I risk my very existence every moment of every day, of every week, of every month, of every year. History will be grateful for what I have done, but history will not know who I am, or what I did. I will not be remembered by anyone, anywhere. When I pass on, nobody will know who I was. I live to block the deadly fragments of a grenade; to take a bullet meant for another; to be in harm's way, so that another will not. I exist for the sole purpose of dying. But for what? This is my life, for all it is worth. I am Forgotten."

-Motto of the Forgotten First Legion, 1st Reborn Fleet
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.project-n25.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Brief   

Back to top Go down

Character Brief
Page 1 of 1