Writer's Craft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Writer's Craft

Southwood's EWC4UI Writer's Craft Course 2010

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

about my ISU story for this class - (don't have title yet.)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
moni.s
Experenced Writer
Experenced Writer
moni.s

about my ISU story for this class - (don't have title yet.) Empty
PostSubject: about my ISU story for this class - (don't have title yet.)   about my ISU story for this class - (don't have title yet.) EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:13 pm

For my ISU culminating activity, I have chosen to do magic realism. Magic realism is a genre in fiction where magical or fantastic elements are brought together into the real world. If supernatural elements are mixed into the real world, the supernatural is not questioned. In a magic realism, the things that we would find strange and unordinary are not seen as that strange by the characters. Magic realism tells a story of people who experience reality different then us. These magical elements are explained as typical, normal occurrences. Some examples would include telekinesis, clairvoyance, telepathy, time-travel, ghosts and spirits.

The main magic realism element that I am incorporating into my story is spirit possession. The story is about a new teenage couple. It is told in the perspective of the female, named Angel, who meets Braxton, a new student to her school. After the whole falling in love thing has happened, Angel discovers that Braxton is possessed – by a sinister spirit. Whenever the spirit is in Braxton’s body, Braxton wants to harm Angel. My story is going to be in the modern, and it will take place in a fictional town in Florida where spirit and demon possession isn’t out of the ordinary.

There is also a certain type of writing style I am using in the writing of my story. I have always wanted to write a story in a free-verse stanza type storytelling. I figured with my plot this would be a great opportunity to finally do it. 

One FANTASTIC book that I read called “I Heart You, You Haunt Me” by Lisa Schroeder is also a free verse fiction novel. My story is actually kind of inspired by this book, because the book focuses around a lost-love back from the dead as a ghost. I would recommend this book to anyone!

So anyways, this is what I’m doing for my ISU. I’ve got quite a lot done actually, seeing as I’m really enjoying writing it. xD
Back to top Go down
http://www.moni-cellardoor.tumblr.com
Ocean Seven
S3 Studios Founder
S3 Studios Founder
Ocean Seven

about my ISU story for this class - (don't have title yet.) Empty
PostSubject: Re: about my ISU story for this class - (don't have title yet.)   about my ISU story for this class - (don't have title yet.) EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:42 pm

*is reminded he has yet to do anything meaningful on his own* What. The. Hell.

Sounds like an interesting story! Very Happy Already got WANTWANTWANT Syndrome. xD

Also, the avatar is cute. :3
Back to top Go down
http://www.project-n25.deviantart.com

about my ISU story for this class - (don't have title yet.)
Page 1 of 1