Writer's Craft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Writer's Craft

Southwood's EWC4UI Writer's Craft Course 2010

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Operation Dying Breath

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ocean Seven
S3 Studios Founder
S3 Studios Founder
Ocean Seven

Operation Dying Breath Empty
PostSubject: Operation Dying Breath   Operation Dying Breath EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 11:07 am

SDD Comics
Presents; A short:
Operation Dying Breath

Background: it is 2063, and the World War II has raged. The GDA is on its last legs as the new Russian Expansion Government has beaten them back. In the face of total defeat, the GDA’s 753rd Aerospace Engineering Division procures a last-ditch solution- fly an AED-20 Sterben Flamme (Eternal Fire) directly into the heart of Russia and deliver an M104 ERA-D (Earthquake Rupture Atomic Device) on the command citadel.

Six of the best crewdogs in the 53rd Air Force step up to pilot the AED-20. The pilots are all prepared to excecute Operation Dying Breath at all costs, including pulling a Braveheart US.

Although it is not said, all six members expect to pull a Braveheart US. For the AED-20 to escape the M104’s blast, it will have to do a scramming maneuver, or an abrupt vertical climb at high speed. This would put incredible strain on the airframe, possibly causing it to rupture in mid-climb.

Crewdogs:

Mission Commander: Lt. Vikram
Pilot: Mark Orbit
Co-Pilot: Arnold Carnage
Weaponeer: Elliot McMasters
Navagator: Edward Luc
Engineer: Howard Amsel

ODB opens above Scotland; 1800 Local Time

More Coming Soon!
Back to top Go down
http://www.project-n25.deviantart.com
Rez
Newly Discovered
Rez

PostSubject: Re: Operation Dying Breath   Operation Dying Breath EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 2:04 pm

Hmm interesting, you really like aircraft huh? I could see it being an interesting novel.
Back to top Go down
Ocean Seven
S3 Studios Founder
S3 Studios Founder
Ocean Seven

PostSubject: Re: Operation Dying Breath   Operation Dying Breath EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 4:24 pm

Rez wrote:
Hmm interesting, you really like aircraft huh? I could see it being an interesting novel.

I knight thee, Sir Under, Lord of Statements!

There are few things in life that surpass my absolute devotion for Aircraft and Aerospace Vessels. In the span of one week I've developed three new aircraft, two of them being totally new, and one a deriative of the Convair B-36J "Peacemaker" Intercontinental Nuclear Bomber.

As this story so nicely introcues it, one of the two I've made is the AED-20, my personal take on a GDA-ified Aurora Mach 6 Global Bomber, the thing the Americans keep denying exists even though we've seen it. This particular AED-20 is of the deriative AED-20-IV, or Intruder Variant, designed exclusely for speed, ditching its compliment of offensive and defensive weapons for a pair of gravity bombs, as well as deleting the Missile Hole in the back between the engines, improving rearward aerodynamics and turbulent noise runoff. (A sort of above-sea SONAR-defeating technique. An ordinary racing jet would project the same noise thought just turbulance as a submarine accidentally screwing, or slicing through underwater air bubbles, which, to SONAR, is INCREDIBLY loud.) The standard AED-20 revives the days of WWII bomber self-defence with the Missile Hole, allowing it to attack targets forward and rearward, because the missile is ejected- forward or backward- out the rear of the craft. Stricktly speaking, attacking a forward target, the MH 'ejects' a missile, while attacking an offender to the rear makes the MH rotate the missile in the launcher and actually fires it halfway down the tube. (An accident occured during original MH testing where two loaders were burned to death when they discovered- ehe- that having the missile rocket out from the loading bay was a baaaaaad idea.)

The other aircraft I've designed has yet to attain a name, but was based off the B-36. It had eighteen propeller-driven engines, as well as six jets engines, four turbojets and two SCRAMjets for retrograde action. (Because it was never designed to pass the Mach Barrier, it still uses propellers because there is no danger of them being ripped off. In the unlikely event the crew has to go faster then 620mph, the propellers can be folded right into the engine compartment itself, and feathered.) it was designed much like the B-52, to be a deep penetration bomber, but this beast was built to get shot up to boot. Because its wings are so large, not only does it sport a pair of remote turrets- twin models- close in to the fuselage, but it also sports four missile launchers embedded in the wings themselves.

Special features of this behemoth: The ability to cruse around the world without refueling for four days. A quadruple- bomb-bay design that allows it to carry a pair of cannon-equipped, mid-sized defence fighters in the rearmost bay- a formation of these monsters cruising in at low altitude can not only carpet bomb an aera- it can also unleash a wave of fighters to mop up anything it didn't hit! And because the wings were built to standards for a much, much larger fuselage design, it can jettison- actually blow off parts of its wing- up to ten propeller engines as the engines are damaged- with so many engines its cheaper- and faster- to simply get rid of the engine rather then keep the thing on, slowing the aircraft down. The fuel duration was sacrificed (it could have been five days) in order to attach self-sealing wingtips at each charge junction to maintain stability and aerodynamic flow.

Can you tell I love my aircrafts to peices? HUHHUHUHUHUHUCANYOUCANYOUCANYOUCANYOUCANYOUCANYOUCANYOUCANYOU? *giddy*
Back to top Go down
http://www.project-n25.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Operation Dying Breath   Operation Dying Breath Empty

Back to top Go down

Operation Dying Breath
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Writer's Craft :: Short Stories :: Short Stories-
Jump to: