Writer's Craft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Writer's Craft

Southwood's EWC4UI Writer's Craft Course 2010

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A typical morning at southwood

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kw1234
Newly Discovered

A typical morning at southwood Empty
PostSubject: A typical morning at southwood   A typical morning at southwood EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 11:37 am

Today started out like any normal day, with my alarm clock sounding at 6:25 a.m. The wretched sound was coming from the other side of my bedroom, meaning the only way to shut it off was to throw my limp body out of bed. As I shut off the alarm I proceeded with the daily schedule. Hair done, teeth brushed, make up on, and clothes chosen, I was ready to head for the bus. Wearing my comfortable grey trackpants, and a sweater I had spent way to much on, I stepped onto my bus, not knowing what my day had in store. As I arrived to the school, my stomach had already begun to growl, and I knew this meant a sausage, egg, and cheese mcmuffin was much needed from the cafeteria. Sometimes an overpriced breakfast was worth it, just to stop my stomach from interupting my first period class. The cafe ladies were surprised to see me changing my normal menu, because I usually just stick with a macadamia nut cookie, but for some reason today was different. After eating my breakfast, the first bell had rung, and I was off to class. First period with Mr. Grey finished quickly, and with ease. As second period was approaching I remembered that midterm marks were due and I began to get a little nervous. My jaw tightened, and my back straightened as I thought contiunuously about what marks I had already received this year. Would they be good enough? Will I be accepted to University in the fall? So many thoughts this early in the morning is difficult some days, and they usually tend to follow me for the rest of the afternoon. When the second bell rang I collected my books and went to my locker where I pried it open with all my strength due to the bent and crooked door. I'm sure I'm not the only one with a faulty locker, and an arm full of books, but it sure feels like this only happens to me. As I reached for my writers craft binder, I remembered that I needed to work on my blogs for midterm. I was hopeing my teacher would maybe give us some more computer time, and she did, being the wonderful person that she is. She explained we could either work in the classroom or head down to the library, and I knew it was the computer lab for me. My parents are expecting good grades this year, and if I come out short of a University acceptance, well than I might as well say goodbye to half of my christmas presents, and I am not willing to do that. So I got to work. I logged in to my account with no difficulties, and began to write. I was only there for about 5 mintues when a student ran in the room with their arms flailing and their lips flapping around, yelling things I couldn't understand. He kept pointing to the courtyard right outside of the library saying he saw some type of creature in there. I couldn't believe him, but all this yelling was getting on my nerves. So I clicked save and headed to the courtyard. There it was! I truly couldn't believe my own eyes. There were 4 monkeys swinging on the trees, and throwing objects at the surrounding windows. These monkeys weren't any normal monkeys. You could see the evil in their eyes, and nobody knew what to do. How did they get there, and how were the going to get out? So I ran to the office doing exactly what the boy who ran into the library did. I flailed my arms and flapped my lips yelling monekys in the courtyard, and boy did I get some strange looks. If only I was taken seriously, a certain occurence may have been avoided. It took 7 more students running in the office screaming monkeys for them to finally believe me. As the crowd of us ran back to the window outside of the library we noticed glass everywhere on the floor. They had gotten in, and we were left to their wrath. One student claimed the monkey threw a large rock threw the window shattering the glass, and the monekys made a break for the cafe. I ran to the cafeteria where I saw the monkeys charging for the schools principal because she had a banana in her hand. Before anyone could stop them they mauled her to the ground, stole the banana right from her hand, broke her glasses and began making noises that sent an excrutiating pain through everyones eardrums. The noise was so loud from these chimps that we all ran out of the cafe, and had to leave one person behind. However, desperate times call for desperate matters so I called my mom to come pick me up from school, and I went home terrified that tommorow might not be any different.
Back to top Go down
becca
Newly Discovered

PostSubject: Re: A typical morning at southwood   A typical morning at southwood EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 11:41 am

Hahaha, such a typical day at southwood.
Back to top Go down
quenelafeld
Layfield Slayer!
Layfield Slayer!
quenelafeld

PostSubject: Re: A typical morning at southwood   A typical morning at southwood EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 2:49 pm

haha, you were right katie Wink
Back to top Go down
Phemonix
Veteran Writer
Veteran Writer
Phemonix

PostSubject: Rawr   A typical morning at southwood EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 2:41 pm

Epic....

Thats all...
Back to top Go down
GoldScarb
Veteran Writer
Veteran Writer
GoldScarb

PostSubject: Good Job   A typical morning at southwood EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 11:20 pm

I liked it, great idea, great twist. However next time could you please space it out a little bit, you know break it into paragraphs. That would make it alot easier to read.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A typical morning at southwood   A typical morning at southwood Empty

Back to top Go down

A typical morning at southwood
Page 1 of 1