Writer's Craft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Writer's Craft

Southwood's EWC4UI Writer's Craft Course 2010

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Social Network

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Illien
Newly Discovered
Illien

The Social Network Empty
PostSubject: The Social Network   The Social Network EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 9:53 am

So I went to see Social Network this past weekend. I really enjoyed it. The intelectual banter was extremely amusing. The arrogance of Mark Zuckerburg was nothing short of inspiring. I had no idea of the controversy surrounding the creation of the site before I watched the movie. I would really recommend this movie to anyone and especially to those who use facebook. It was really interesting to learn of the beginings of one of the most infuential sites of our society.
Back to top Go down
Natoxi
Experenced Writer
Experenced Writer
Natoxi

The Social Network Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Social Network   The Social Network EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 10:54 am

Even though I use book of faces I don't think I want to see the movie. Unless someone was paying me to go see it I wouldn't necessarily sit down and watch it. I just don't find it fascinating to watch the history of a social network come to life. It just makes me think that this was just bait to bring more hipe to face book. Like creepy fan girls weren't scary enough with their Twilight and their Justin Beaver and blah blah blah, now they go attend a social gathering about a social network.

What happened to movies that actually revealed the hidden truth about our lives.

Besides, didn't the guy who actually make facebook complain that a lot of the script wasn't accurate? This was just a rumour I heard though.

However, I guess this is all opinion based on nothing. Don't mind it so much.

Maybe I'll go see it...just pay me first.

Back to top Go down
http://iechno.deviantart.com/
Ocean Seven
S3 Studios Founder
S3 Studios Founder
Ocean Seven

The Social Network Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Social Network   The Social Network EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 11:22 am

Influential site? I lol'd. (it's just my humble opinion on FB. I use it, but I use it like my cousins/family does, i.e. in moderation, and only whenever I've got something to put on it when the time is appropriate. I won't start my rant. XD)

Hrm. Why pay when you can find an .iso image? Very Happy it's perfectly legal in Canadia yo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.project-n25.deviantart.com
Natoxi
Experenced Writer
Experenced Writer
Natoxi

The Social Network Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Social Network   The Social Network EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 11:34 am

I tried not laughing out loud when I read the comment. Honestly, I just use my facebook to post a random status or two about my day and my opinions about the people around me (without using their names cause that's just plain mean).

But, I think I realized that the Social Network could open up to other social networking sites such as Myspace and Twitter. Seriously, if movies about Twitter appear I might have to go throw my cat army at them XD

And, I think you'd still have to pay me to watch it X3 Ten dolla' pls~
Back to top Go down
http://iechno.deviantart.com/
becca
Newly Discovered

The Social Network Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Social Network   The Social Network EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 11:27 am

This movie looks really intresting, I really want to see it! Im glad you thought it was a good movie. It looks like a good movie and i also really want to see it because of the actor Jesse Eisenberg that plays in it. Im going to have to wait for it to come on DVD!
Back to top Go down
quenelafeld
Layfield Slayer!
Layfield Slayer!
quenelafeld

The Social Network Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Social Network   The Social Network EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 2:46 pm

i'll see it, but probably when it comes out on dvd, cuz that's the way i roll Smile. vanity fair magazine had a good article on the other fb founder (can't think of his name right now) - fb is one of those technological "lurches" that has changed life irrevocably, whether we like it or not.
Back to top Go down
Ocean Seven
S3 Studios Founder
S3 Studios Founder
Ocean Seven

The Social Network Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Social Network   The Social Network EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 3:32 pm

quenelafeld wrote:
fb is one of those technological "lurches" that has changed life irrevocably, whether we like it or not.

Nothing is really irrevocable. We tend to believe it is because human nature is to resist change, so when we are forced into changing we adapt to the new era, and believe that the new is irrevocable. We could suddenly all turn trolls one day and abandon FB. (An example of trying to reverse the seemingly irrevocable is in Steve Berry's The Third Secret Where Father Kealy tries to change Catholic Canon Law about preists not being able to have wives. he convinces a great many people that it should be different. "Why can't a priest love his God, his Church, and his wife at the same time?")

I just love saying stuff like this. Opening the minds of others to the real reality. Reality may say that we are unable to go backwards, but really, we can if we wanted to. (Through will, not just nuclear destruction. Wink)

(It's really fun to make people who have extreme views and are behing them 100% become flustered as you question everything. I have a friend who was afraid of what happens after death, and I poked holes in the whole afterlife vs nothingless arguement and actually got him to come to terms with the fact that he shouldn't be afraid if nothing happens after death- you didn't care about living after nonexistance, so why would you care about nonexistance after dying? You wern't anywhere before life, and you won't be anywhere after death, so you won't care. Yo ucan be afraid all you want but in the end it will happen, and life will go on. Now we go around convincing others to see it that way. (The only con is that some people get to ofreaked out over someone saying 'there is nothing dude' and their mental guard is too much to penetrate.)

Anyways, rant aside, I say we storm FB's offices and change history!
Back to top Go down
http://www.project-n25.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

The Social Network Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Social Network   The Social Network Empty

Back to top Go down

The Social Network
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Writer's Craft :: Media/ Pop Culture :: Media/ Pop Cultre-
Jump to: