Writer's Craft

Southwood's EWC4UI Writer's Craft Course 2010

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Science fiction story: Beginnings of a plot...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Phemonix
Veteran Writer
Veteran Writer

PostSubject: Science fiction story: Beginnings of a plot...   Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:30 pm

I will be updating this area with ideas relating to our group writing assignment. When I get around to opening my book, I will post here. If you see something in error, or if you have an idea relating to anything involved, please post bellow, I will try to work it in. Please also let me know in class if you hate my guts. It helps...

Lord Squigglar:
  • Nerdy
  • Wants to be leader of the universe
  • Doesn't do anything himself

Baron Sticky Wicket:
  • Leader of the universe
  • Pure evil!!!
  • Keeps others inline through fear
  • Uses Dutch Vader as hitman and right hand man

Dutch Vader:
  • Right hand man to Baron Sticky Wicket
  • Taught Ace in combat(and life)
  • Has feelings for Telmissa
  • Not pure evil life Baron Sticky Wicket, just misguided

Space Ace Morningstar:
  • Employed by Lord Squigglar
  • Does not support Lord Squigglar, but does common jobs
  • Joined by TX-88 and Mac
  • Loves Telmissa

TX-88:
  • Battle Robot
  • Does combat for Ace, takes no credit

Mac:
  • Works on Ace's ship
  • Near the end, he helps beat Dutch

Telmissa:
  • Space princess
  • Leads the church of the Prancing Minstrel
  • Has Rocket Rhino as a pet
    • Thinks he is harmless

Rocket Rhino:
  • Huge, protects Telmissa

Alphonso:
  • Stereotypical Italian chef

Archie:
  • German
  • Crazy about SPICE!!!

Last edited by Phemonix on Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:53 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phemonix
Veteran Writer
Veteran Writer

PostSubject: Plot Development   Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:35 pm

If every group wrote what they wanted the story to be, it would be a disjointed mess, therefore, I thought that I should put a plot line somewhere on here. So far, the beginning is thought out (kinda), but we should all have a say in the direction this story takes. Please feel free to post here on anything that you feel necessary. Also, it would help if you left updates on how far you are and where you were planning on taking your characters.

The beginning:

So far, we have Dutch and Baron Sticky Wicket talking about galactic domination. They are soon visited by Alphonso and Archie, and the plan to kidnap the high priestess and gain possession of the sacred Oregano is put into motion.

Also, Ace is introduced, along with his robot and human companion. He is pompous and foolhardy, yet heroic. Lord Squigglar is announced, and sends Ace on a mission to retrieve his laundry. Also, as a side mission, could he look into saving Telmissa while he was there.

While travelling, the ships engine spontaneous combusts. Mac fixes it with a wrench toss, and Ace promptly breaks it again. After TX-88 REFIXES the engine, they finally manage to get underway to the Space Laundromat.

Baron Sticky Wicket and Dutch vader have their plan put into motion, when they detect Ace Mornningstar on the radar coming to mess things up. Dutch Vader paces nervously in his wooden clogs, and eats some mayonnaise. Baron Sticky Wicket plots his MASTER PLAN

The MASTER PLAN is to convert Telmissa to pastafarianism, and give her to Ace, so she will convert EVERYBODY! They actually go through several MASTER PLANS before arriving at this one.

Don't remember who is writting next scene, however WOULD YOU PLEASE HURRY THE F**K UP AND WRITE!!!

PLEASE HELP UPDATE THIS PLOT!!! ADD INFO BELOW!!!

Last edited by Phemonix on Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:29 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ocean Seven
S3 Studios Founder
S3 Studios Founder

PostSubject: Re: Science fiction story: Beginnings of a plot...   Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:14 am

K we rearranged it to say that Squigglar actually wanted Ace to get his laundry, and that Telmissa was an 'if you're in the neighbourhood' thing.

Is Ace going to pick the laundry up FROM Squigglar's place, or from a discreet laundromat? I vote from a laundromat or w/e, because that opens up a little irony for Ace after the climax

Damn I'm stupid. Forgot about Jess' post lol. It's picking up, derp.

DeviantART: www.project-n25.deviantart.com
www.Lt-Sandstorm.deviantart.com wrote:
Gentlemen! You can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

"I am Forgotten. I am a Defender of Humanity. I risk my very existence every moment of every day, of every week, of every month, of every year. History will be grateful for what I have done, but history will not know who I am, or what I did. I will not be remembered by anyone, anywhere. When I pass on, nobody will know who I was. I live to block the deadly fragments of a grenade; to take a bullet meant for another; to be in harm's way, so that another will not. I exist for the sole purpose of dying. But for what? This is my life, for all it is worth. I am Forgotten."

-Motto of the Forgotten First Legion, 1st Reborn Fleet
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.project-n25.deviantart.com
theShicken
Newly Discovered

PostSubject: Re: Science fiction story: Beginnings of a plot...   Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:23 pm

Close, Chris. Ace is on the way to pick up Squigglar's laundry, Telmissa is a secondary side mission. When the scene cuts to Stickywicket and Dutch Vader, they're trying to create a master plan. They haven't made one yet. Then they see Ace approaching on some spacey radar thingy, and decide to eff things up.
End scene.

Note by Ocean Seven: Um, I'm not Chris lol. Phem is Chris. xD

Last edited by Ocean Seven on Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Identity Crisis ftw)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Science fiction story: Beginnings of a plot...   

Back to top Go down

Science fiction story: Beginnings of a plot...
Page 1 of 1