Writer's Craft

Southwood's EWC4UI Writer's Craft Course 2010

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

On a Darker Note...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Illien
Newly Discovered

PostSubject: On a Darker Note...   Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:50 am

I am an empty shell.
Devoid of purpose,
I wander looking for meaning.
I am a husk,
No essence gives me life.

An empty shell,
I feel nothing.
I wait for something.
Will emotion return?
Indifference is all that remains.

I am a shadow man.
Avoid that makes the motions;
No life is present here.
Existence is all I have.
That too I will squander

Life is bright,
Illuminated by emotion.
But I am shadow
The absence of the light of life.
Darkness is my shroud.

I am and empty shell.
A shadow of what I once was.
With darkness my cloak
I hide from life,
Indifference my shield.

I am Alone
Despair Comes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phemonix
Veteran Writer
Veteran Writer

PostSubject: Darkness Everlasting   Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:37 pm

Very nice. Came to you while walking home eh? I approve, it has dark tones and heavy words, yet allows the reader a semblance of hope.

Applause.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ocean Seven
S3 Studios Founder
S3 Studios Founder

PostSubject: Re: On a Darker Note...   Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:05 am

I think my life has just been defined in a poem. Shocked

DeviantART: www.project-n25.deviantart.com
www.Lt-Sandstorm.deviantart.com wrote:
Gentlemen! You can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

"I am Forgotten. I am a Defender of Humanity. I risk my very existence every moment of every day, of every week, of every month, of every year. History will be grateful for what I have done, but history will not know who I am, or what I did. I will not be remembered by anyone, anywhere. When I pass on, nobody will know who I was. I live to block the deadly fragments of a grenade; to take a bullet meant for another; to be in harm's way, so that another will not. I exist for the sole purpose of dying. But for what? This is my life, for all it is worth. I am Forgotten."

-Motto of the Forgotten First Legion, 1st Reborn Fleet
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.project-n25.deviantart.com
Xena
Newly Discovered

PostSubject: Re: On a Darker Note...   Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:46 pm

very well written, i think everyone can relate to this from time to time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rez
Newly Discovered

PostSubject: hmmm...   Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:38 pm

I can understand where you're coming from. Kindof depressing, but it IS called on a darker note.

I get depressed when i think about things that were important to me in childhood, then realize how meaningless those things might be to the next generation, who would never understand. but it's my responsibility to allow the next generation to have their own experiences.

But...you're not really an empty shell. Otherwise you wouldn't feel like writing about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ocean Seven
S3 Studios Founder
S3 Studios Founder

PostSubject: Re: On a Darker Note...   Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:20 pm

Rez wrote:
in childhood

YOU REMEMBER YOUR CHILDHOOD?! Damn it, everything before age 12 is a blank, save for a few scattered memories, and all of two images of said memories. I can't even recall the time some douche yanked the wagon I was standing on (a bad idea I know xD) and made me backflip into the pavement, wherein my glasses were shoved int omy right eyebrow. Alls I remember is that it happened, and that there was a sweet waterfall of blood. (And that the fire department and cops came. XD A firetruck and a marshall's truck, and three cop cars. One ambulance tho. OwO )

I lol'd because everyone GETS depressed when they think. I fail to comprehend. (Probably because I thrive on being depressed, and that I don't GET depressed- I liven up, and lapse back into normalcy, aka being happily depressed. XD I love my weird biology and psychology. Very Happy)

DeviantART: www.project-n25.deviantart.com
www.Lt-Sandstorm.deviantart.com wrote:
Gentlemen! You can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

"I am Forgotten. I am a Defender of Humanity. I risk my very existence every moment of every day, of every week, of every month, of every year. History will be grateful for what I have done, but history will not know who I am, or what I did. I will not be remembered by anyone, anywhere. When I pass on, nobody will know who I was. I live to block the deadly fragments of a grenade; to take a bullet meant for another; to be in harm's way, so that another will not. I exist for the sole purpose of dying. But for what? This is my life, for all it is worth. I am Forgotten."

-Motto of the Forgotten First Legion, 1st Reborn Fleet
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.project-n25.deviantart.com
Illien
Newly Discovered

PostSubject: Re: On a Darker Note...   Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:12 pm

The point I was trying to make was that there are all kinds of depressing things going on in my life right now and I don't really feel anything. The emotions I do "feel" are empty like they aren't real or are coming from a long distance away and all I get are the echoes. I feel sort of like a mirror reflecting myself or what I used to be. I appear the same but there is no essence there, no soul if you will. The problem now is how to deal with the situation and all I can ultimately achieve is a certain measure of indifference. I feel like I should be feeling something like anger or sadness but all I feel are empty shells of those emotions.

The weird thing is how much time I have spent thinking about this. It's a little awkward to put this down in words and I'm sure I haven't truly communicated the sensations I'm experiencing. But with all of these thoughts flying around my consciousness I think I needed to find a way to express some this. The result was On A Darker Note...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On a Darker Note...   

Back to top Go down

On a Darker Note...
Page 1 of 1